Davézieux

Davézieux

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween and Such


happy halloween! found this little guy trying to sneak
into my bathroom. i should've taken a picture of what
he looked like after i smashed his guts all over the place.

Basically I have no excuse for not keeping my blog up to date, other than the fact that I've been way too busy to spend four hours writing about stuff not too many people care about.  Now that I have that out of the way...I also didn't have my camera on me for a lot of the things I was doing over the week because it's been raining chats and chiens here.  I literally saw the sun today for the first time in 10 days.

Anyway, there will be a series of smaller updates to come.  The first of these will be about Halloween and some stuff before, which was a week and one day ago, today being Tuesday, November 8th.

It feels like it was just yesterday, yet I don't even remember much of it.  Must've been that killer party the night before where all I drank was Coke and fruit juice.  Nah, couldn't be that...but I did get to go to another party at my friend Romain's place in St. Étienne. This time Marion (my co-worker's daughter) couldn't come, so I caught a ride with my friend Morgane and her boyfriend.

We were only 7 that night, I think.  It was me, Alex, Romain, Romaane, Ana, Morgane, her boyfriend, and another girl was there for a little while but she left after a couple hours.  We listened to music and ate snacks and later pizza and drank and just had a good time together.  I liked just kicking back with a handful of people I already knew and playing some card games, opposed to getting together with a bunch of strangers and going clubbing (even though that's how I got to know some of the strangers from the last party).

It was a pretty tame night.  I didn't get to sleep ridiculously late, no one was crying or fighting, and everyone remembered my name the next morning!  Always a good thing.  Morgane had classes early the next morning, so we were on our way back to Annonay around 8.  I got home around 9 30 or so and slept until around 1, and then Isabelle surprised me with two pumpkins! They were little, but it was nice to have something to bring me a little closer to the States.  Her nephew was over doing homework, and when he was done I asked him to help me carve them.  We made a classic jack o' lantern face and a spider thing.  Later, Isabelle made soup out of the pumpkin guts.  It was...interesting! It broke down surprisingly well and was pretty thick, but it wasn't as bad as I make it out to be.  Needed a little salt :P

She took me to volleyball practice, but we didn't see anybody trick or treating and it was already 8! She said Anouk and her cousins would go together when they were younger, which surprised me.  I would've thought that being out in sort of the country they would have been less festive when it comes to American holidays, but I guess a good amount of people do, even though only one trick or treater came to her house that night.  I wish I would've been there, but I was at practice when it happened.

Anyway, that's all that happened on Halloween! On to the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment