Davézieux

Davézieux

Saturday, September 24, 2011

More Preperations


I guess this post will be more about thoughts than what will actually be happening.  Also I'm gonna show off some pictures.  That's right: my camera came in today! I played with it all day.  Random fact. My fingernails are so long on my right hand that I have to tilt my fingers to press the keys.  So I think I'll cut them right now. BRB. There...that's a lot less bothersome. Who even says that anymore.  Anyway.

We spent a long time cleaning the house today, and by we I mean Mom and Carson, for this going-away party I'm having tomorrow.  I hate deep cleaning before a party the next day because in a house of six people I know it's just gonna get messy again.  And by tonight the bathroom was already gross again.  But it does look better.  Mom's put a lot of time into cleaning and getting food ready and stuff, so it'll be a bouncin party for sure.

My lack of motivation to clean anything was further suppressed by the arrival of my camera in a big, fat, 16 pound cardboard box.  Everything was there that was supposed to be - except for one lens bag.  So I'll probably need to get a new one at Wal Mart tomorrow or something...there's no way I'll get an expedited anything from that company.  Basically I didn't even care because I was so excited about having the camera. And two boss lenses.  And a huge tripod. I spent the rest of the day messing around with all the different toys and settings.  The French countryside could not come any sooner!  Here are some of the pictures I took from today though, until I get there.




Speaking of which. Freaking out.  The most important things that I was worried about are taken care of mostly, but still.  Isabelle (host mom) said she would be able to pick me up, so that's a load off my shoulders. I know a little more about her! She is tall and blond, haha.  She sent me  I'm hoping she'll be able to help me get a phone and set up a bank account, if I don't get some lesson on that during my little conference thing that we go to in the middle of the month.  I was looking at the schedules for those conference things, and I think we're the only Academie that doesn't do it the first week of October.  Why...? By the third week, I'm pretty sure everyone will have a pretty good idea of what we're doing.  Anyway, I was sent a schedule of the second week that I'll be there.  I'm supposed to go to this town 60 miles away a week from when I get there to meet this guy who's in charge of helping us get settled.  I guess I'll need help getting there from Isabelle as well! I can't imagine doing this without a host family...poor people who don't have one!  To be honest, I was kindof hoping to do a lot of this on my own so I could grow up a lot a bit, but it's still a pretty freaky situation anyway, and I'll be glad to have the help.  

I have no idea how I'm going to pack everything.  I guess I'll just pack everything I can into one a suitcase, a dufflebag carryon, my backpack, and my guitar case...?  I'm pretty sure that will work, but I don't know how much it will cost to check everything.  I think I'll only need to check my suitcase and guitar case, one of which I think is free.  Whatevs.  I'll find out soon enough.

Well, it's almost 2 a.m. so I should probably cap off this post.  Those pictures took forever to load and they're such a pain in the butt to organize.  I'll be searching for an easier way to put pictures on here until the next post, which will probably be in France. WHAT.

Travelin' Man is having a hard time gripping what is coming up.



No comments:

Post a Comment